UALR, William H. Bowen School Of Law
Juris Doctorate with Honors, 2013
UALR Law Review, Editorial Board, Symposium Editor (2012-2013)
Top Paper Recipient, including RWA II (Appellate Brief), Capital Punishment, and Law & Film
Master of Business Administration, 2002
University of Central Arkansas
Bachelor of Arts in English, 1997
Kitty grew up in Conway. She received a Bachelor of Arts in English, and graduated from the Honors College at the University of Central Arkansas in 1997. Kitty was commissioned as a State Trooper in June 1998, and was assigned to Faulkner County, Troop J. She received her Master of Business Administration, specializing in accounting and finance, from Webster University in 2002, while she managed a bank. Kitty managed a multi-million dollar charitable giving campaign that spanned seven countries and thirty-seven locations prior to coming back to Arkansas to attend law school. She received a Juris Doctorate with honors from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock’s Bowen School of Law, where she was the Symposium Editor of the UALR Law Review Editorial Board. Kitty is licensed to practice law in Arkansas and Washington.
Prior to joining the Davidson Law Firm, Kitty was a Staff Attorney at the Public Service Commission, where she represented the ratepayers on general rate cases, formula rate plan cases, rulemaking, merger/acquisitions, investigatory, and other regulatory dockets, such as the Tax Cut and Jobs Act. While at the PSC, Kitty also represented the PSC Tax Division. Kitty has also practiced at the Caldwell Law Office, and was a staff attorney at Disability Rights Arkansas, where she litigated special education, civil rights, access, and employment matters. While in law school she clerked for Magistrate Judge Beth Deere, the Attorney General’s Office- Civil Division, and the Public Service Commission. Kitty lives in Conway with her two children, and is a member of Four Winds Church.
Employment Disability Discrimination
Associations & Certifications
Arkansas Bar (2013)
Eastern and Westerns Districts of Arkansas (2013)
Washington Bar (2017)
Arkansas Bar Association
Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association
2012 Blackstone Legal Fellow
Delta Theta Phi
Military Spouse JD Network
Philanthropic Educational Organization
Member- Four Winds Church, Conway, AR
Publications & Presentations
- Kitty L. Cone, Richard J. Peltz-Steele, FERPA Close-Up: When Video Captures Violence and Injury, 70 OK. L. REV 839 (2018).
- SPECIAL EDUCATION: AN ADVOCATE’S MANUAL, (Ed. Kitty L. Cone 2014) (October 2014).
- Kitty L. Cone, Trouble in Paradise: Working Through Problems at School, SAVVY KIDS (October 2014).
Kitty L. Cone, School Accommodations: Finding Programming for Kids With Special Needs, SAVVY KIDS (Jul. 11, 2014), http://www.savvykidsofarkansas.com/savvyblog/school-accommodations-finding-programming-for-kids-with-special-needs/
- Kitty L. Cone, Addressing Problematic Behaviors, Disability Rights Center of Arkansas (June 2014).
- Kitty L. Cone, Due Process Protections Under Section 504, Disability Rights Center of Arkansas (June 2014).
- Kitty L. Cone, Eligibility Under IDEA and Section 504, Disability Rights Center of Arkansas (June 2014).
- Kitty L. Cone, Identification Under IDEA and Section 504, Disability Rights Center of Arkansas (June 2014).
- Kitty L. Cone, Preparing for IEP Meetings, Disability Rights Center of Arkansas (June 2014).
- Kitty L. Cone, Service Animals in School, Disability Rights Center of Arkansas (June 2014).
- Kitty L. Cone, What to Do When the District Proposes to Eliminate or Cut Your Child’s Services, Disability Rights Center of Arkansas (June 2014).
- Kitty L. Cone, Transparency and Accountability in the Lethal Injection Statute: Suggestions for Reform (2013).
- Kitty L. Cone, Note, Eggs for Sale: The Scrambled State of Legislation in the Human Egg Market, 35 U. ARK. LITTLE ROCK L. REV. 189 (2012).
- Kitty L. Malcolm, Berry v. Dillard, 2011 Ark. App. 242, U. ARK. LITTLE ROCK L. REV.
- Kitty L. Malcolm, Douglas v. First Student, 2011 Ark. 463, U. ARK. LITTLE ROCK L. REV.
- Kitty L. Malcolm, Le v. Nguyen, 2011 Ark. App. 20, U. ARK. LITTLE ROCK L. REV.